Required push/pull force is the most important component of ergonomic performance regarding the manual moving of carts with casters. The weight load of the cart (and its cargo) being moved is important, however the casters and wheels the cart is being moved upon play a key role in the ease with which the cart is moved.
Pushing a cart is preferable to pulling because:
• Workers moving the cart don’t put themselves at risk for being run into or their feet being run over by the rolling cart
• The path of movement is more visible while pushing facing forward versus occasionally turning around while pulling
• Pulling puts the shoulders and back in an awkward position
• Force is generated more easily with pushing than it is with pulling
• Quality of Output
• Health & Safety
are affected financially when there’s a poor combination of
• The reduction of unnecessary and/or awkward movements reduces the time and effort necessary to complete a task
The CC Apex wheel was developed after a major automotive manufacturer approached Caster Connection looking for a solution to the problems they faced in their tow line applications.
Those problems included:
• Push/Pull Ergonomics
• Debris Retention
• Increasing Weight Requirements
The CC Apex ’s high quality polyurethane
• Dramatically reduced push/pull force requirements with its incredible rebound and resiliency
• Eliminated all debris retention in the wheel, thus maintaining easy maneuverability and protecting the flooring
• Provided the necessary load capacities for the increasing weight in the customer’s applications
Traditional Kingpin Swivel Caster – Most Basic Plate Mount Swivel Caster Rig
• Composed of an upper and lower ball race held together with a nut and bolt or riveted kingpin. End user can tighten the kingpin so as the caster wears over time, the life of the caster can be extended.
Kingpinless Swivel Caster – Optimal for Towlines
• Composed of a forged inner and outer race that are held together by the ball bearings. Load is concentrated on the ball bearings distributing the load over a larger surface area, which allows the rig to be used in heavy and higher speed applications. The ease of swivel action helps reduce push/pull force as well.
Maintenance-Free Swivel Caster – Ideal for Push/Pull Ergonomics
• Composed of a sealed precision-ball or other sealed- ball raceway. Load is concentrated on the primary thrust bearing – which has seated ball bearings – and the secondary load bearing; this allows for even dispersion of load to reduce push/pull more than a kingpinless design.
Length of the Swivel Lead
• The distance from the axle hole to the center of the swivel raceway
• Like it’s name implies, the standard lead is the most common variation in caster forks – this length varies with the diameter of the caster
• Longer swivel lead than the traditional standard lead. This lead reduces push/pull force necessary to move a cart. Read more about the benefits of the extended-lead here.
By increasing the length of the swivel lead, chatter/flutter is reduced in towing applications, in addition to:
• Reducing noise
• Prolonging the life of the product as unnecessary stress is eliminated
Required push/pull force is reduced:
• By extending the lead, the caster naturally settles into the trailing position
• Due to the caster rotating much more easily and freely
Caster Featuring CC Apex wheel w/ CC Peak rig
The CC Peak Maintenance-Free Swivel Caster is designed to meet the demanding requirements of manufacturing environments. Those requirements include
• Push/Pull Ergonomics
• Durability – Stands up to abuse
• No maintenance required
The CC Peak ’s Robust Ergonomic Design
• Dramatically reduces push/pull force requirements with its precise raceway and extended lead
• Stands the test of time and abuse with the thick forged steel legs/raceway
• Requires no maintenance with the sealed raceway and lifelong grease
Contact us today for solutions to your caster, wheel and hand truck needs. Our expert sales staff and product availability will ensure that you implement the proper product the 1st time. Still want more info? Contact: email@example.com