A Custom Caster Solution Solves 3 Problems at a Ford High-Velocity Center
The Ford High-Velocity Center in Princeton, IN, provides wholesale distribution of motor vehicle supplies, accessories, tools and equipment. Prior to working with Caster Connection, they were experiencing issues with downtime, safety, and noise caused by they casters they were using at the time. By working with Caster Connection, each of these issues were remedied.
As mentioned above, Ford was experiencing 3 issues:
- Downtime: A typical caster lasted just six months before failing and putting the cart out of service.
- Safety: Workers were sustaining injuries caused by the poor ergonomic performance of the casters.
- Noise: The casters raised the level of noise in the distribution center to unacceptably high levels.
To remedy the issues, Ford approached Caster Connection.
Caster Connection studied Ford’s situation, weighed possible solutions, and then recommended a custom caster solution (the CC Apex 6" x 2" Casters) that was capable of meeting the demands of all 3 issues.
As a result of working with Caster Connection:
- Ford solved their downtime issue. They haven’t had a caster failure in over three years.
- Ford solved their ergonomics challenge. The caster solution reduced push-pull effort by 35%.
- Ford solved their noise issue by lowering decibel levels by up to 15%.
These types of situations and outcomes are a common occurrence in the world of Caster Connection, and we'd love to help you become the next success story.