ELECTROSTATIC DISSIPATING CASTER WHEELS
Caster Connection's CC Apex ESD wheels offer the same ergonomic, noise reducing, and durability qualities as the original CC Apex , but with the added benefit of being electrostatic dissipating. CC Apex ESD static dissipative wheels typically have a surface resistivity equal to or greater than 10^7 ohms, but less than or equal to 10^8 ohms.
What is Electrostatic Discharge?
- Unbalanced Charge: A surplus (positive charge) or shortage (negative charge) of free electrons, created by contact and seperation (i.e. rolling, rubbing. sliding, bumping into) of materials.
- Static Electricity: The result of an unbalanced charge not having a path to move through.
- Electrostatic Discharge: Transfer of static electricity from one object to another- when a positively charged material contacts a negatively charged material or vice versa
CC Apex ESD Wheels:
- Electrostatic dissipating materials have surface resistivity equal or greater than 10^5 ohms, but not less than 10^12 ohms. CC Apex ESD static dissipative wheels typically have a surface resistivity equal to or greater than 10^7 ohms, but less than or equal to 10^8 ohms.
- The ESD wheel is prescribed for discharge-safe areas because it allows static electricity to flow through the caster wheels and into conductive flooring.
- We recommend that all casters on a cart (or other fixture) in an electrostatic discharge-safe area are electrostatic dissipative in order to achieve maximum contact with conductive flooring.
- CC Apex ESD caster wheels are available in 4" x 1.25", 5" x 1.25", 4" x 2", 5" x 2", 6" x 2", and 8" x 2"- with a variety of rig types, including stainless steel.